Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hiking Devil's Head - Sedalia, CO

Okay - this is not a business related post. Instead, it's a proud-mama post. I can't help it...

This weekend my family and went hiking and Soren climbed his very first mountain! We went to Devil's Head, a little Southwest of Sedalia. We weren't sure how well the kids would do, but they really surprised us. Amelia sat contentedly in her sling, and Soren powered up the mountain like a pro!

He kept stopping to comment on hhow beautiful the views were.

The path is pretty well laid out. The part that goes through the Aspen Grove, and beside a small creek was my favorite part. Soren was a fan of the little rocks he could sit on for a break. We had to stop several times for Amelia to gt down and play. She thought it was so fun to be outside of her element, and really wanted to explore. I have to admit it: the stairs to the tower terrified me. I've never been scared of heights, but I was terrified to have my kids up there. The figure at the tower is my husband holding our baby.

The view was so worth it. I'm not really a landscape photographer, but I was happy with this one. Amelia slept the entire time we were at the top.

Soren was quite impressed by the view - and by his accomplishment. He told everyone we passed, "I went to the tower, and I'm only four-and-a-half!"



It was a great day! It also made me realize what a great place the mountains would be for a family portrait session - if you are interested, I'd LOVE to customize a package!


No comments: